Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Deep Thoughts

A Confusing Confusion

It happened yesterday when we were sitting at the table, eating the little candy hearts we got for St. Valentines Day.  William said:  "Hey, this one says LOL!"

Being the kind, concerned sister I am, I immediately asked him if he knew what that meant.

"Yeah," he said.  "It means 'Hahaha, you're so funny.'"  He was serious.  And it was seriously funny to the rest of us.  We laughed and laughed, like we were monkeys who had just stolen a traveler's bananas.  I have no idea how he managed to get that out of it, but he somehow did.  Weird.



Bananas and Monkeys

Have you ever thought about why monkeys like bananas?  I suppose it's just how God made them, but why do we always stereotype monkeys as eating bananas?  An artist paints a monkey, looks at the monkey's hands, and says:  "Hmm.  There's something missing.  Something yellow and curved.  I've got it!  A banana."

But aside from that, banana is a funny word.

Banana Song 

This is the song that the monkeys sing!
Banananananananananananana
When it comes to them the banana is king!
Banananananananananananana


Isn't that fun?  



Singalongs and Monkeys

And that brings to mind another question:  Do monkeys have singalongs?  I'm inclined to say not, but in that song I put "This is the song that the monkeys sing!"  But maybe they just sing by themselves and try not to let the other monkeys hear them.  Maybe they fly into a panic when they realized their neighbors just heard them.  And maybe they all hear each other all the time but think that no one can hear them when they sing.

*snicker* "Stupid neighbor thinks I can't hear him.  I can hear him but he can't hear me!  Tee hee."

What a sad community, filled with mistaken monkeys, and badly-fated bananas.    




No comments:

Post a Comment