Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Today I Had an Ultrasound

Please don't faint, it's not like that!  It was for my leg, honest! 

Are you okay?  Do you need some water?  Okay, good, and you can lie down if you need to.  I almost felt like I needed to after they drew blood from my arm.

Another bomb!  Although that was more like a firecracker, really, lacking the shock power of a real explosion.  I mean, who cares if they stuck a needle into my vein and drew out a bunch of bright red blood?  And here's something sort of like a wimpy footstomp.  I have a prescription of bright red pills that I have to take thrice daily.

Why, you ask?  Why have you bombarded us with all this information that we don't really want to read about and yet keep doing it?

It's my toe.  For a few weeks I have felt that my toes were hurting.  I though it was just a winter thing, but I realized that it was actually only the middle one hurting and that it was red and swollen.  So I went to the doctor today.  Because the other toes were red and sometimes blue or slightly purple, Mrs. Doctor thought it might be a circulation problem.  Mommy took me to Raleigh Radiology and I had an ultrasound on my leg.  When we got back to the doctor, it turned out that there was nothing wrong with my circulation.  So she (Mrs. Doctor) prescribed some antibiotic pills to take with my meals.  But Mrs. Doctor also decided that some blood work could be done if Mommy wanted it (Mommy did) so I walked over to the lab and had them stick a needle in my arm while I spouted nonsense and tried to ignore the sting! 

I get the results of the blood work back on Friday or Monday, and hopefully I won't have diabetes (which is what they're testing for). 

I hope I didn't scare you too much.  Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment