Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2020

Probably Not Worth Your Time

I just posted about twenty minutes ago, but I had a thought as I was reading my sister's old blog posts.  She wrote for an audience.  Which isn't a bad thing.  There are two kinds of people, those who write for an audience, and those who write for themselves.  (I'm not going to link my Maggie Stiefvater post here, but you should read it.  Also, typing on a touchscreen is FREAKIN' HARD.)

I happen to be the other kind of person, the kind that writes for myself.  As evidenced by the fact that I will spend hours working on blog posts that I know no one will read.  Which sounds kind of sad, but doesn't actually bother me that much.  It's here if anyone wants to read it.  Besides, 1) I have enough vanity to believe that someday people may discover this blog and go back and voraciously read all the old posts, and 2) if somebody ever wants to get to know my brain really well, I'll just point them here.  It's a treasure trove for that purpose.

If you're reading, thanks.  I'm glad that you're enjoying this.  Or hating it, if you're just reading it to hate something.  That's fine too.  And if you're enjoying it, I hope it is better for the fact that I only wrote it to understand things that I did not.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment